We invite you to become a member of the Kootenay Lake Chamber of Commerce. You may print from this page: KLCC Membership-Invoice 2017 and mail your membership with a cheque. It is also possible to drop it off in Crawford Bay at Barefoot Handweaving 16101 Hwy 3A beside the Information booth where Janet can help or direct deposit your payment.
Kootenay Lake Chamber of Commerce – Box 120, Crawford Bay, BC V0B 1E0
- Included in your Kootenay Lake membership is membership in the BC Chamber which includes low Visa, MasterCard and Debit rates, Discounts on fuel (up to 3.5 cents off a litre), group insurance plans through Chamber of Commerce Group Insurance for businesses of ANY size, (even 1 person), exclusive discounts on legal matters, travel, hotels and car rentals (average of 10%-20% off) payroll, marketing and educational resources that support local non-profits and charities in our community.
- Website – all member businesses are featured on our website.
Collective advertising and promotional opportunities save costs, for example there is a billboard prominently displayed at Akokli Lookout, the view point between Sanca and Boswell.
- Brochure – Our Kootenay Lake Visitor’s Guide Brochure has proven popular.
- Ferry Racking – The Chamber pays to keep the ferry racks full – a small extra cost to attract many travelers.
- Networking – opportunities to connect with other Chamber members locally and regionally. Each membership gets one vote on several key initiatives that help drive our local economy, provide advocacy on numerous key issues that impact our communities and have a voice on any matters that you feel are important to your business success. In the past these have included: Input to the Ferry Stakeholder’s meetings, recommendations on policing on the East Shore, working with the Ministry of Transport on signage and road maintenance and supporting community efforts and celebrations – Canada Day fire works
- Personal Connections – Chamber members are not required to come to meetings but we learn a lot, recommend each other to customers, share our mistakes and successes.
Lots of laughs and learning!