Welcome to the East Shore
Welcome to friendly people, a sense of community, and tranquil beauty. Follow BC’s Highway 3A to find a pristine lake, uncrowded beaches, and mountain trails to adventure.
Locally known as the East Shore, our area lies between the lofty mountains and expansive waters of southern Kootenay Lake, off major tourist routes. Protected by the Selkirk and Purcell mountain ranges in south eastern British Columbia, it is sparsely populated and has remained relatively unspoiled. Thickly forested mountains, pure air and waters provide solace to the souls of residents and visitors alike seeking refuge from the fast paced modern life. Enjoy the relaxed culture of the Kootenay Lake Valley.
- Year-round recreation in a moderate climate where Kootenay Lake doesn’t freeze: boating, golfing, hiking, fishing, swimming, cross-country skiing, and snowmobiling to mention just a few.
- Culture; a wide variety of quality art and craft, music festivals and events, art galleries and historic sites.
- Stay awhile. Camp, rent a cabin or stay in an interesting Bed & Breakfast – historic or modern.
- Taste our excellent and diverse food. The East shore offers excellent dining for any budget.
- Come for the serene beauty; the clean, clear water of Kootenay Lake, the deep-green forested expanse of the Purcell Mountains, rushing creeks, all kinds of wildlife and star filled night skies.
Stay for a day, a week, or a lifetime!